Monday 9 May 2011

Mr Men and Little Miss take over Google.

As today is the 76th birthday of children's author and illustrator Roger Hargreaves,  who's most noted for the  Mr. Men and Little Miss series, his characters have taken over the google home page for the day with 15 (that's as many as I've counted) adorable illustrations.


I still have near enough every one of the original series from when I was younger as I spent countless hours reading and attempting to copy and make my own characters.


The first of the Mr. Men characters is reported to have been created when Hargreave's son Adam asked his father what a tickle looked like. Hargreaves drew a figure with a round orange body and long, rubbery arms, which became Mr. Tickle.


My personal favorite, Little Miss Sunshine, posing for Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment